Dental Wellness Centre at level 1 & 2
Our community has been through a lot of changes over the last 6 weeks, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the Dental Council of New Zealand, the New Zealand Dental Council, and the Ministry of Health. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
Changes we made
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- We have installed an intercom to handle all walk-in inquiries. Only patients with a scheduled appointment will be able to enter the clinic.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office. Important appointment information will be emailed to all patients prior to their appointment.
- We have hand sanitiser that we will ask you to use when you enter and leave the office.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines because these items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
Many have asked about dental hygiene service at level 1 & 2. All our elective dental services are available at level 1& 2, that includes dental hygiene clean.
However, we require longer appointment time. For example, a 30 minute dental hygiene would increase to 60 minutes, and a 60 minute would increase to 90 minute.
Dental Wellness Centre Team
We will be in touch to arrange appointments for patients requiring follow up treatment and reviews. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 09 975 0333
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr Jolin and the Dental Wellness Team